We suggest a County-wide forum to consider:
- Where are the County’s critical wildlife corridors? Will the new County department have authority among County agencies to protecting wildlife corridors, riparian corridors, ridgelines and other natural wildlife passages? We know that animals travel to survive, that light pollution adversely affects pollinators and migratory fowl and that 80% of pollinators require a specific native plant to sustain populations. How will the new department manage for wildlife preservation?
- Will the new County department have expertise to model ecological effects of development activity on parks and open spaces and monitor biodiversity?
- Will the new department work among other County development departments, transportation agencies and SACOG to protect parks and open space function and wildlife interconnectivity?
- Will the new department montor mitigation programs of project development EIR’s?
- Is there a County-wide plan to right wrongs that have hindered biological function in our existing parks and open spaces?
- How will the County ensure equity of access to parks and open spaces? What steps are necessary to respect and involve all members of our community in park planning and access?
Cindy Gustafson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Robert Weygandt <email@example.com>
Bonnie Gore <SupervisorGore@Placer.CA.Gov>
Suzanne Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>