Have you been looking for a meaningful way to volunteer with AEL? Are you ready to think outside the box on environmental issues with enthusiastic colleagues? But just don’t know where to start?
Then join our team at the two-day Strategic Community Organizer Training! We have four scholarships available for volunteers who are looking to deepen their advocacy work. We are enthusiastic about this workshop because it intends to power boost environmental groups on effective strategies and campaigns in our region. Our region spans a rural to urban gradient, and it’s unusual to have an opportunity to learn about effective rural area campaigns.
What: Strategic Community Organizer & Campaign Training
When: Friday, September 30th (8am-5pm) & Saturday, October 1st (8:30am-4:30pm)
Where: Auburn, CA at the Auburn Veterans Memorial Hall
Scholarships: Please write [email protected] to inquire about scholarships.
What to Expect
A two-day, in-person interactive training, hosted by the Community Governance Partnership
and California Environmental Voters, foundations and regional partners, and facilitated by Executive
Trainer David Hunt, internationally recognized for his organizer training and facilitation skills. NOW is
the time to get organized to build successful campaign coalitions throughout the region. Featuring
campaign experts and guest speakers including Betty Yee, State Controller, and Dr. Kermit Jones, Congressional Canidate.
Here are the training goals:
1. To learn the core principles and process of strategic community organizing
2. To help attendees understand that political and issue organizing work are not mutually exclusive,
and are actually complimentary in building power
3. To build a sense of activist and political community in the region, especially CD3
4. To increase our understanding of power and how to build real power to advance change
5. To leave as an inspired and connected force for social and political change